Agenda & Information for the Meetings held in 2021. See Next Meeting for next meeting.
For each of the meeting dates there is a link to the meeting summary.
See Downloads 2021 for the available files associated with the meetings
Date: 16th February 2021
- Using TMS Diagram Studio: A scalable surface available in Delphi VCL Apps – Adam Brett
The TMS Diagram Studio is a fairly old component, which allows vector-drawing in a Delphi Application in a fully object oriented context. I have used it in multiple contexts in my programming work over a period of several years. This session will introduce the components how to code with them and show working examples of their use.
- What’s wrong with VCL – Rob Lambden
Windows 3.1 was released in 1992, Delphi was first released in 1995. The VCL is still core to the Delphi paradigm, but 25+ years on how relevant is the VCL to current needs? What do we want in a UI and where do we want to run it?
- TSQL Deadlocks – Patrick Davey
What causes deadlocks
Date: 18th January 2021
- Getting Started with Watson – Russell Weetch
A look about setting up and using the IBM Watson AI engine with Delphi.
- An intro to Smartdraw – Ian Hamilton
A quick look at my diagramming tool of choice and what I use it for: ER & UML diagrams. Plus a peek at what else it can/may also do.
- Components – Ian Hamilton
- An interview with…..Richard Hatherall – Jason Chapman