Protecting and respecting your privacy is very important to us and we want you to be confident that your information is in safe hands. Looking after the personal information that we collect on our members is something we take very seriously. Our Privacy Notice lets you know;
• who controls the personal information collected and how it is used
• the lawful basis in order to process the data
• what is Personal data
• how and why we need to collect and store it
• when and why we share it with other organisations
• how long we keep it for
• your rights
• how to contact us
Who controls the personal information collected and how it is used?
JAC2 Consultancy Limited will process – that means collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). JAC2 Consultancy Limited is the Data Controller and the personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
• Administering the UK Developers Group
What is the lawful basis in order to process the data?
We are required to establish the lawful basis we are relying on in order to process your data. This lawful basis is to run and administer the UK Developers Group.
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, Personal Data is defined as
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain data is classified under the Regulation as ”special categories” including Health Data.
Consent is required for JAC2 Consultancy Limited to process this type of personal data but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
Why does JAC2 Consultancy need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with services, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. Depending on the circumstances, the personal information we gather about you may include:
- your name
- correspondence address
- email address
- phone numbers
This is not an exhaustive list but includes the main data items.
Please contact us should you require a full list.
Personal information is currently collected via email.
Sharing your personal information
We do not share your personal information with anyone. We will only share information with other members of the group or outside the group if you have given us permission to do so.
Retention of personal information
We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, we will use our discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
Our normal business requirement for the UK Developers group will be 2 years after the cessation of membership to the group.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions.
In summary the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the following rights for individuals:
• You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. The details are contained in this Privacy Notice.
• You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information. The right of access allows individuals to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing. You may make a request to access the information that we hold about you that personally identifies you and can request that it be sent in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
• The right to data portability also allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
• You also have the right to have your personal data rectified. Personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Depending on the circumstances, you may also have the right to “block” or suppress the processing of your personal data, this includes if you believe the data that we hold is not accurate.
• In certain circumstances you can also request the erasure of personal information we hold about you. Please see the Contact Us section below for details.
We are committed to ensuring your information is protected and held securely. However, the internet is not a secure medium and we can’t accept responsibility for the security of an email during transmission or for non-delivery of that email. We have taken appropriate steps to protect personal information in electronic transfer, e.g. emails. As such please be advised that email attachments are encrypted.
We may wish to market you in the future regarding products and services that we think may be of interest to you. If we do, we will obtain your consent first before we contact you with any marketing material.
For more information or to make a complaint regarding your personal data please contact us at:
JAC2 Consultancy Limited
2 Tunnel End
Preston on the Hill
Telephone: 07966 547243
Complaints regarding personal data can also be referred to The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113